At Avanti West Coast, we are doing everything we can to help reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) so passengers can travel with peace of mind. We’re working closely with the UK Government and health organisations to ensure we are following the very latest advice.
PUTTING HYGIENE FIRST
To improve your safety we’ll be taking action as follows:
• Encouraging good hand hygiene among our staff in line with the advice from Public Health England.
• Enhanced cleaning regimes onboard our trains and at stations with a focus on door buttons, grab handles, tables and all touchpoints.
• We’ve removed crockery and cutlery from tables in our First Class carriages, and will give this out to customers only when needed.
• We’re regularly wiping clean all equipment such as phones, chip and pin machines, self-service ticket machines and point of sale systems.
• We’ve added sanitising products onto our trains for our staff to use on all hard surfaces.
We’re doing all we can, and we hope passengers will also play their part when travelling with Avanti West Coast. All customers are asked to follow these guidelines whilst travelling:
• Stay up to date with the latest coronavirus information by using the NHS or Department of Health and Social Care websites.
• Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds.
• Use hand sanitiser whenever soap and water are unavailable.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then place the tissue into the bin straight away.
• Understand that we’re not accepting re-usable coffee cups in our onboard shop at the moment.
CHANGES TO YOUR TRAVEL PLANS
Currently, based on government guidance, our usual refund policy remains in place and we are continuing to offer refunds under the regular Terms and Conditions.
Advance tickets are non-refundable, but can be exchanged for an alternative date or time. More information on how to do this can be provided by the retailer from which you purchased your ticket.
Returning from overseas
If a passenger has developed symptoms since returning from a country of higher risk, as stated on nhs.uk under the ‘Advice for travellers’ section, then we can offer a full refund – regardless of the ticket type. To do so, they will need to provide evidence of your recent travel to one of the countries listed. Elemants of this policy are only for tickets purchased through Avanti West Coast website and mobile app. If the ticket was purchased through another retailer, the retailer should be contacted directly for advice on refunds.
Updated and published | 15/03/20