Published | 12 March 2020
Each year, Stena Line performs 28,000 sailings connecting Europe and connecting people. On each of these sailings, caring for the safety and comfort of our guests is our top priority. Because of that, the situation with the COVID-19 has our full attention.
We are very grateful to those have chosen to travel with us in the past, therefore we would like to share some of the steps we have taken for experienced and new customers to continue to feel safe on-board and to rely on Stena Line to provide a reliable and comfortable journey.
Safety always comes first
In an extraordinary situation like this we rely on the manuals and routines we have for this kind of situation. Our crews are trained for many different types of situations, including diseases. In addition to that:
• We are in touch with local authorities in the 10 countries where we operate and ensure to follow restrictions from them and established health organisations.
• On-board our ships and in our terminals, we are taking precautionary measures to prevent any spread of the Coronavirus including:
• Increasing the frequency of preventive cleaning and disinfection of “Hand Contact Point Hotspots” such as door handles, access touch pads, telephones. These are sanitized after each sailing and/or at least three times a day on longer crossings.
• Increasing the possibilities for hand washing and disinfection placed in our public areas.
• Providing information on hygienic measures based on the World Health Organisation’s guidelines.
• Stena Line's employees on-board are trained in how to deal with suspected cases of illness and our ships are equipped with medical equipment.
• An information page can be found on https://www.stenaline.com/
No rebooking fee, for your flexibility
In order for you to feel comfortable when booking with us we want to give you flexibility given the current situation. Because of that we are waiving any fees for rebooking of tickets once, for all our destinations so that you can amend you travel as its suits you, if your circumstances change.
This applies to all tickets booked so far in 2020 and is valid for new bookings up to March 31st. If you change to a higher fare type, you will need to pay the fare difference. Full details of our Terms and Conditions can be found here.
For those guests travelling on group and package tours, special conditions apply. Please get in touch with your point of contact where your booking was made.
We hope that this flexibility can give you greater peace of mind when booking your Stena Line ticket.
Travelling with Stena Line
Currently, our network remains open to many of the destinations we cover on our 20 routes. Should any changes be necessary we will immediately update our website with current traffic information to give you the best service possible.
You can rely on Stena Line and our crew to provide a reliable and sustainable service to all our guests like we have done for almost 60 years.
Updated : 15/03/20